Popular Songs and Music played at funerals and memorials
This page is a list of possible funeral songs. Are you looking for a beautiful piece of music…just the perfect funeral song to remember someone you love? A fitting tune to say goodbye? You have come to the right place!
To me, music is one of the most important aspects of a funeral service. In my previous business (releasing white doves) I have been to plenty of funerals and I am always interested in what music gets played at each funeral service. Even if I have never met the person that is being remembered, I can learn a lot about them by the music that is played at their funeral. It is part of the emotional reflection of a person’s life.
The funeral songs chosen to be played for your loved one will be like a treasure for you and the family and friends of your loved one as time passes and as you are processing the grief. Whenever you want to take time to remember that person, you can play their funeral songs. If you randomly hear their funeral songs on the radio, it will be a nice time to spontaneously reflect and remember that person and the good times you shared.
This funeral song list is quite long, but by no means complete. If you know of other suitable funeral songs, you are welcome to Send in Your Song Recommendations Here
Most of the music is listed in categories in alphabetical order of the first name of the artist or composer.
Popular Contemporary Funeral Songs
* Love Is On The Way by Billy Porter
* Lantern by Birds of Tokyo
* Summer of ’69 by Bryan Adams
* Nightstep by Bullet Train
* Hurt by Christina Aguilera
*Remind Me by Conrad Sewell
*Dirty Money by Diddy featuring Skyler Grey
* Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry
* Feet Don’t Fail Me Now by Foxes
* Let’s Live For Today by The Grass Roots
*Let It Go by Idina Menzel
* Edge of the Ocean by Ivy
*I’m Coming Home by Johnny Mathis
*Goodbye Kiss by Kasabian
* Rainbow by Kesha
* Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
* You and Me by Lifehouse
* Shadow Of The Day by Linkin Park
* Heaven by Los Lonely Boys
* What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
* Funeral by Lukas Graham
* Fear and Loathing by Marina and The Diamonds
* Do You Remember The Time by Michael Jackson
* Gone Too Soon by Michael Jackson
* Music Box by Mariah Carey
* Together In Electric Dreams by Phil Oakley and Georgio Moroder
* Beloved Wife by Natalie Merchant
* Childhood Dreams by Nellie Furtado
* Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner
* Spirit In The Sky by Norman Greenbaum
* Blue Skies by Noah and The Whale
* Bittersweet Symphony by Oasis
* Don’t Look Back In Anger by Oasis
* Goodbye To Romance by Ozzy Osbourne
* Only Love Can Hurt Like This by Paloma Faith
* Oceans by Pearl Jam
* Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
* Try by Pink
* Who Knew by Pink
* I’ll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
* These Are The Days of Our Lives by Queen
* Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
* Forever Young by Rod Stewart
* An Irish Blessing by Roma Downey
* If Tomorrow Never Comes by Ronan Keating
* Lay Me Down by Sam Smith
* Bible Song by Sara Evans
* If You Could See Me Now by The Script
* I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan
* Miss You Love by Silverchair
* Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O’Connor
* Gone too Soon by Simple Plan
* I’m Coming Home by Sheppard
* As I Lay Me Down by Sophie B. Hawkins
* You Are The Sunshine Of My Life by Stevie Wonder
* Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks
* Reminisce by The Tony Valentine Band
* Wait For Me by The Tony Valentine Band
* Song Long, Farewell from The Sound of Music Soundtrack
* All I Want Is You by U2
* Keep Me In Your Heart by Warren Zevon
* The Day You Went Away by Wendy Matthews
* See You Again by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth
* I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
* Forever Young by Youth Group
* Moving On by The Zombies
Thanks to the extremely talented Sheree Brittain and her extensive CD collection for providing some of the song list.
Special thanks also to the many people who have sent in suggestions in the comments form below, and people who make suggestions on various forums around the internet.
What are the best funeral songs?
What is the best song you ever heard at a funeral?
What song do you want played at your funeral?
Do you ever hear a song on the radio and it brings back memories of a funeral you attended?
Are you a musician with an original song that could be added to our list?
Share your story in the comments below 🙂